Thursday, November 10, 2005

Childhood memories...

I'd like to set the stage--

A weeknight. A young, innocent boy awakes in the late evening from peaceful slumber. He can't figure out why he's awake, but then, from the room next door to his, he hears any and/or all of the following lyrics issuing from the family record player:

there's a pink world
and it's coming down
yeah there's a pink world
and it's coming down
and it rose like an avalanche
and will sweep you away
yes it rose like an avalanche
and will carry us away

**************
It makes me giggle, it makes me giggle, just having my baby around me.It makes me giggle, sometimes I wiggle cause I'm so glad she found me.Sometimes I wake up feeling crabby, she gives me love as sweet as candy.

***************
Porcupine pie, porcupine pie, porcupine pie,
Vanilla soup, a double scoop please.
No, maybe I want, maybe I won't, maybe I will.
The tutti fruit, with fruity blue cheese.

Ah, but porcupine pie, porcupine pie, porcupine pie,
Don't let it get on your jeans,
I know it sounds a little strange, but you got to eat it with gloves--
or your hands will turn green.

Ah, but porcupine pie, porcupine pie, porcupine pie,
It weaves its way through my dreams,
And I do believe I'm gonna have one and leave enough room for dessert,
chicken ripple ice cream.

Now, how can a child even halfway expect to be normal when these are his childhood memories???

-Matt

No comments: